Join Servas Canada
With Servas Canada, hosts and travellers can take comfort in knowing that members they interact with have been screened and oriented by interviewers, and have agreed to the core Servas mission:
- To help build world peace, goodwill and understanding by providing opportunities for personal contacts among people of different cultures, backgrounds and nationalities.
These are the steps to apply for membership:
- Read the “Traveller Responsibilities” and “Host Responsibilities.”
- Get two letters of reference (available as a .pdf) from people who know you well, and are not family members.
- Use the Interviewer Finder map to contact the most conveniently located interviewer to you, and make an appointment to meet in person. If you cannot find an interviewer, please contact us. Be sure to include your location in your online form or message.
- The interviewer will make the decision about your application, ensure that you understand how Servas operates, and help you to register with ServasOnline.
- Read the Privacy & Confidentiality Information Sheet and sign the Privacy & Confidentiality Agreement form (available online or as a .pdf).
- Once your membership is approved, register with ServasOnline (CHECK)
- Pay your fees, according to the fee structure. Fees may be paid by:
- E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheque made payable to “Servas Canada” and mailed to the Treasurer