Fees and Payment Options
Note for 2020 fees
The Servas Canada Board passed a motion on June 7, 2020 in response to COVID-19 and member fees. It serves two purposes:
- To enable the waiving of the 2021 membership fee for those Servas Canada members who are facing direct financial hardship due to COVID-19; and
- To help our Servas International community as many Servas member countries are struggling financially due to COVID-19.
“The regular Servas Canada membership process will be maintained for 2021. Upon request, Servas Canada will extend membership for one year for free for any currently paid member. Members do not need to provide an explanation for their request to not pay. All member payments collected for 2021 will be earmarked for donation directly to Servas International to support Servas International and other Servas member countries that are incurring severe hardships due to COVID-19.”
Servas Canada has an annual general membership fee, plus an extra fee for when you decide to travel within Canada or abroad. Please review the fees and submit your payment to the Treasurer using the options below.
Members pay a fee each calendar year to help cover administrative costs of Servas Canada and Servas International. Each member has a profile on ServasOnline and can view member profiles from around the world.
- $24 is the annual (calendar year) membership fee per person
- $48 is the annual (calendar year) membership fee per couple (if both people wish to be members)
- Free to youth (18-30) and post-secondary students (with proof of a current and valid full-time post-secondary identification card)
- $2 is the prorated monthly fee for each month remaining in the year a new member joins
NOTE: Current Servas Canada members pay/renew the annual membership by December 31st each year. New members who join Servas Canada between September 1 – December 31 are to also pay for the following year’s membership fee because they will have missed the annual renewal notice in September.
To travel, you still need to be a member and pay the above membership fee. Each traveller will have a Letter of Introduction with an e-stamp, valid for one year, which must be made available to your hosts. Traveller e-stamps are valid for 12 months from the date of receipt of payment.
International Travel (Outside Canada)
- $70 per member except
- $35 for youth or post-secondary students (as defined above)
Domestic Travel (within Canada)
- $70 per member except
- Free for hosts and day hosts, youth or post-secondary students (as defined above) and for children (under 18 years) travelling with parents.
1. Internet (e-transfer)
Payee: Servas Canada
(please indicate in the message box the name of the member(s) for whom payment is being made)
2. Mail a cheque to
c/o Christine Fernie
PO Box 147
Rimbey, AB T0C 2J0
Choose from the drop down menus. Remember, for hosting, only one family person needs to be a Servas member, but all travelers need to first join as members.